1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Oct 19, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

My TMS journey mirrors most of the other participants I have read in this forum. It wasn't until I had the last diagnostic test for the back pain and it came up negative for anything structural - that I re-opened Sarno's book and saw myself on every page.
    I was delighted to find this program. So grateful to all of you who have made it possible!! I've been diligent about doing the homework. Loved yesterday's homework which was to not do anything.. as I saw myself in the middle of the pattern to do it all perfectly! Great call out on that personality trait.

I wrote a letter to my personality trait of Low Self Esteem. Mainly the part that thinks everyone else can do things better than I. I fired my low self-esteem this morning.
    Just like Donald Trump.
    'You're Fired! You are not a good fit for this company (aka ME) You've mislead and taken this company down the drain with missives to the brain to send pain signals, thus distracting us from doing the good work that we are designed to do (all the parts of me) So yes, Low Self Esteem, You Are Fired. You are not needed anymore to distract, limit or hold back the natural greatness that I was born with. I'm going to say you've served your purpose. The company (me) has outgrown you despite your thwarting attempts to keep me small. Adios!"

2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I realized there was another part to today's homework. I am having success recognizing the emotions connected to my pain. They are usually stress related. First I have the twinges of pain, then catch myself going into fear about the pain intensifying, then balance that out with my new belief system that its all a distraction, go down a little deeper and wa-la I find some kind of stressor knocking at my door. Sometimes it takes it away immediately.... sometimes it takes a little longer. The most important part is to not give it a lot of attention. That is the main learning I'm practicing these days.
    Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel? If not, what do you think is preventing you from doing this?