1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Seeking, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Seeking

Seeking New Member

I took a couple days off to just not get too obsessed with the TMS recovery. I started working out again slowly trying to build up again to my former level of activity. I took 3 months off due to my hip pain but have been plagued with tension headaches and back pain for years. My headaches have started to subside and my hip pain also has been ok now (but still haven't really tested it by running which i know i should!). 2 days ago, i strained my back in a kettlebell class and i just felt so disappointed and angry. I decided to read more about other people's success stories and resolved that this was TMS moving. It's so hard to determine whether it may have strained during an exercise or whether it is TMS. My back is 60% better after 1 day. I'm trying to just move forward with the program and would really love to hear how people stay on track with beliefs when there are setbacks and how to determine whether something is TMS or a muscle strain from working out too hard?