1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8. The week has been amazing in many ways.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hilary, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hilary

Hilary New Member

I have learned a great deal about myself. Delving back into things long ago has been hard and I think I am beginning to realize that I have not "put everything behind me" - rather I have cavalierly (is that a word?) said oh, that - I've dealt with that and, after all, I'm a survivor so no problem. I think it isn't over till the fat lady sings and that won't happen till I'm out of here! Dealing with emotions directly and in the raw can be painful but a relief at the same time. My shoulder pain has ebbed and flowed with these realizations. Sometimes it is scary when I realize that it isn't there....Just remarkable and it is making a believer out of me.

And I am remembering dreams more. Not just remembering them but being able to identify feelings in the dreams that I can conjure up again in the light of day and then I can learn from them.

It is awfully hard work sometimes and it takes time and focus.

I hope this is not a temporary break-through and that I can keep it going. It has given me a new lease on life. The Divided Mind just arrived in the mail a few moments ago. Onward

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Yes, onward.... you got the groove.

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

You're definitely on the right track, Hilary! Realization and insight are wonderful things! Now that you're aware of what your body can do, it's much easier to progress.
    I too found it helpful to read several books. Some even seemed to contradict each other, but it seemed like there was always a kernel of truth I could take from each one. I'm continuing to read TMS books, off and on. One of my favorites was by Fred Amir. I simply compiled a list of recommended authors from the list on this wiki, and have been slowly trying to acquire them from the library.

4. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

Hi Hilary,

I could've written that first paragraph myself, right down to the shoulder pain! I thought I was "over" a whole bunch of things, too, but since I started the program I've been able to truly clear out some things. With some of the stuff it almost seems enough (at least for now) to just acknowledge that it's there. My shoulder/neck pain is 90% gone already!

Gigi, I know what you mean about different sources contradicting each other. I'm definitely a person who takes what I consider useful from a variety of sources. Just because I don't agree 100% with an author, doctor, etc. doesn't mean I'm going to "throw the baby out with the bathwater"! Also, different approaches work for different people, and sometimes we don't "get" an idea, only later to have it become crystal clear. Btw, I love your big orange kitty in your avatar pic ;-) I'm SUCH a cat person!