1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New Program Day 8: The Ignition for Change

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Jul 19, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

The more I read this program, the more I enjoy it. It is very much full of compassion, self-research and reassurance. It gives me a similar type of feelings like Clare Weekes audio book and made me realise that listening to the audio parts of the program makes such a difference for me. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and discovering the techniques.

2. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

Hi DSB. How is that program broken up into different days or are you doing that on your own? From what I could find there was just Part 1, Part 2 and Conclusion.

3. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

Also which Clare Weekes book are you using?

4. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi CatLady13, I'm using both programs, the new Alan Gordon's that is broken down in days and the old one, that as you said, isn't broken down in days but I do it by subject blocks: block about compassion, block about self-bullying etc. Just now I'm going through a small setback and I think my mind is now conditioned to react to any kind of stress by producing TMS symptoms. Whatever kind of stress it is. Being more aware of TMS can, I think, have that danger in itself, actually maybe it is not conditioning, it's fear of not being able to deal with stress at all, like I think I'm not strong enough to deal with stress. And I also noticed that because I'm in PMS, the symptoms appear more easily because my tolerance to irritability is not working good. The Clare Weekes book is Hope and Help for your nerves but I'm also reading Brene Browns' The Gift of Imperfection. My struggle is that even though I'm aware of my personality traits and that most of the things in books read are true in my case: I beat myself up, I worry, I overreact and so on, I feel like all the reading didn't help improve that behaviour because symptoms keep coming back and I'm getting tired now. Sorry, today isn't a good day for me to be motivating other people.

5. Cat Lady 13

Cat Lady 13 New Member

I am in the same boat. I still have symptoms every day but I just do my best to ignore them and keep working the program. I do find it frustrating to read about all the success stories of people who are completely Pain Free. I hope that is me someday but obviously I have a lot of work to do.

I also feel like I am doing all the right things but something must not be connecting in my brain so that I can just turn off the pain.

I also react to any kind of stress with pain. And I worry about everything too. It doesn't help that my husband has a severe anxiety disorder. He worries even more than I do.

I have been trying to practice mindfulness every day to keep the stress down. I meditate when I can and do yoga (even though it hurts my back).

Hope you are having a better day today.