1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 - "Getting better one day at a time"

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by EricMd, Mar 1, 2013.

1. EricMd

EricMd Peer Supporter

"Getting better one day at a time" are some of the lyrics from Gossip's song Move in the Right Direction. I listen to this song every day while exercising. My pain is getting better and I feel more confident in my daily life. I feel like I can be more assertive and I am trying to channel my frustrations at work in a more positive way rather than just internalizing them. I did not understand the consequences of internalizing these conflicts but I most certainly do now. I am trying to listen not only to my pain but to my body's emotional response and other physical responses like my heart rate, the pounding in my chest and the tightening in my throat or shoulders. I try to identify what has caused these changes and at least acknowledge the cause if I can. Sometimes just looking for the cause can improve my pain. I thought about taking tonight off from TMS but I know I am a procrastinator so I better march forward "getting better one day at a time".

veronica73 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Eric, I think we need a procrastinator's support group ;) I am procrastinating right now when I should be doing tax returns - but I will take your cue and get back to work.

Keep it up!

Jan

3. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

EricMd,
    Sounds like you are really coming along. Congratulations!!!
    G.R.