1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8...gaining valuable insight

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by freedomseeker, Aug 8, 2018.

1. freedomseeker

freedomseeker Peer Supporter

I am definitely recognizing the emotions connected to my pain, and I am understanding why my brain is using the pain and fatigue as distractions for me to avoid such unpleasant feelings. By writing about what I am feeling has really opened me up to understanding the concept of TMS even more. The journaling is hard, and it makes me cry almost every time I write and bring my emotions to the surface. These emotions I have been repressing are so much stronger than I thought they were, and the events in my life bother me more than I realized. I realized just how strong my emotions are, and just how significant of a toll they have been taking on my body and on my life. It feels good to have this insight, even though it is a difficult process.

JanAtheCPA likes this.