1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 7

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leslie0766, Aug 13, 2013.

1. leslie0766

leslie0766 Peer Supporter

Wow! Just listened to Forest's video on working too hard and I felt like he was talking directly to me. I have been reading and reading to rid myself of by burning mouth and feeling anxious, that I have missed the point. Kept looking for the right book, but what I have been doing is the fear cycle and the desire to run away. Going to back away from my computer and see if I can just do some simple house work and turn off my brain for a bit. I'm always thinking and wondering and projecting. Uhg! Tiring! ;)

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Leslie your right on track, learn -think-discuss, relax
    we at times do seem to go over board with our learnings
    and taking a break in itself is healing. I think your doing great,
    Forest is always full of wise advice and seeing yourself in his wisdom
    is a sign that your getting it. im very proud that you have stayed course
    and also that you know when to rest- as time moves on and you continue
    to grow we will all be here rooting you on. Your a powerful individual with
    a heart to grow in the right direction the first time around.
    Keep going with your gut and you wont be disappointed, you have passed
    the threshold of knowing. We will all be here anticipating your recovery
    keep up the good work.
    God Bless

3. Emily

Emily Peer Supporter

Hi Leslie, This is a problem that so many people struggle with. Just one additional aspect of the perfectionist personality TMS trait, we want to be perfect at recovering as well! This is a hard aspect of TMS...we want to get better as soon as possible, but that doesn't always mean working on recovery as much as possible. At a certain point, focus on recovery becomes stressful and, ultimately, can be counter-productive.I just read PepperGirl's Day 33 (SEP) post today, and it really hit home for me. The importance of taking your own time with recovery programs cannot be talked about enough.

All the best,
    Emily

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  4. Rachael2633

Rachael2633 New Member

Hey Leslie, I saw your post on the burning mouth page. I started looking at this website and it described me! There is so much information on this site that it is kind of overwhelming and not sure where to start. I messaged you on our facebook site. You have to click your messages and than other to see it. I have a few questions for you.
    Thanks Rachael

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's amazing... my head can ache at the computer but if I go grocery shopping, I don't feel it.
    I'm looking for bargains in the produce stacks, I guess.

I know the headache has nothing to do with being on the computer. It's just that I need to
    take more breaks and relax and breathe deeply.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Rachael2633

Rachael2633 New Member

So true. If I am busy I feel pretty good but if I don't have too much to do or stay on this computer googling too much I expect the pain and wait for it. It is so hard to reteach your brain but after 2 years of dealing with this and trying different meds I am ready to at other options.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.