1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 day 6

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Oct 17, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

After you meditate take a few minutes a make a forum post on how it went. Did you have trouble meditating? Do you have any questions regarding how to do it? More importantly how did meditating make you feel?

Fortunately I don't have a problem with meditation. I'm in a 2 year program learning Heart Rhythm Meditation. I believe my willingness to look at my back in a different way is a result of the meditations. What is different though is before I was instructed to give energy to the pained area... to try and exert some control over the energy going into my back. BUT what was happening is that I was still focusing on back pain. Pain relief. Back strength... blah, blah, blah.
    This approach has opened up a floodgate of emotions, repressed and not repressed and recognizing the pressured energy that builds up by focusing on back pain instead of the emotions has been so freeing!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

nowtimecoach, when I learned my focus on the pain was one of the main culprits
    I was amazed that I had over looked it, at the same time I was amazed at the genius of knowing about it.

It really freed me up after I reprogrammed my thinking to other things other than my back pain
    and body pain, I remember I started focusing on other parts of my body that didn't hurt
    it took a while but as I kept at it and stopped fearing the pain
    I began to heal, I was reconditioning myself in the now and it was amazing in my eyes for the truth
    I no longer had to do this therapy by faith - I had real evidence now and I just went with it
    as real as the morning sunshine

Thanks for the post nowtimecoach-
    Bless you