1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Anger and resource day

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Fabi, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Today I went on journaling. I picked an issue that has brought me physical pain all my life, my teeth, mouth, swallowing deficit (?), orthodontic treatments, facial pain, connected with the issue I journalled about yesterday.

I journaled for about 20 minutes and I almost broke the pen. I made a whole in the paper. I was so angry my anger travelled through my arm.
    I violently closed my notebook and went out on purpose. I had arranged to do some shopping, but i just had to move. I did the shopping and went to the park, I walked two blocks. I had not done that in a month. I felt very strange. I was like walking, feeling dizzy and at the same time not caring, knowing I was ok!!!!!!!!!

Later, I did this self massage

I only learned about this technique a week ago. I tried it and it works!!! It changes my physiology. I am so happy.
    This morning I had a chat with a psychologist who has been trained with these mind body techniques. She suggested sekf gigong massage and group meditation as well (Dojo Zen) . A few blocks away from home!. She knows about Sarno, not in detail. So there are resources around me. She emphasized sitting and breathing and focusing a little on making the exalation a bit longer every time, eyes opened

She asked me very interesting questions and stopped my mind a thousand times during the hour. I need to stop my mind! She was relentless. She said you need to sit and be with yourself twice a day. And journal, first thing in the morning, three pages, anything.

We did an exercise together that left me looking at things I need without even realizing when I wrote them I do need them:

1. Nurture me
    2. Accept and love me.
    3. Live!
    4. Decide and do!
    5. Laugh

So much to add to the lists I enjoy! I also need and want these things!

Thanks to this forum.
    May I be safe. May I be free from suffering. May I have the courage to accept myself just as I am.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Fabi,
    I love how you just went out and walked. Out of anger!! Very nice, and it so nice to have support close to home!!
    Andy B

Fabi likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Fabi. Consider yourself hugged. You are doing great. Taking the walk and ignoring the pain and dizziness is wonderful. I hope you can do a little each day, maybe a little longer. Your positive affirmations are wonderful. I especially like the LAUGH. I had a rough morning and wanted to scream but instead, I laughed. Not pain, just daily problems causing anxiety. Laughing made me realize it's not fatal.

Fabi likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the wonderful video. That's a keeper. It is so relaxing.

Fabi likes this.