1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42 :)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Archie, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

Hi, I am over the finish line at day 42! I have taken months to work through the programme but that felt right as it was a chance to stop beating myself up so much all the time to do, do, do! So I took my time. It has been a very very helpful experience, and coupled with therapy, has enabled me to shine a light on many many things, including ALOT of rage, which I was totally unaware of. It has benefitted me very much and has helped me see where I need to go next to continue on the right path for me. A particular aspect I found helpful was the repetitive nature of the daily "assignments" - it sometimes took the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc time of doing something very similar or the same as before, to finally, really, get it! So many thanks to Dr Sarno and to the people who took the time to set up the programme.

2. MR.MD

MR.MD New Member

So how are your symptoms if you don't mind me asking ?

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations Archie!

Good learning here which I get that you're integrating.

Andy B

4. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

My symptoms improved markedly during the programme, and were absent for long stretches. I then went away over Christmas/ had lots of family interactions etc etc, and symptoms started to appear again - so for me they are absolutely an emotional barometer, indicating stress and anxiety in particular. So even though I haven't mastered the knack of "think psychological and the symptoms will go away", I know 100% why they are there, and that it is all mind-body. And as the social aspects have eased, and I feel less stressed, so have my symptoms, again confirming the mind-body diagnosis. My next "work" will therefore be some sort of meditative/mindfulness practice to help during the times of stress and anxiety.
    I hope this answers your question / helps you.

5. srton

srton Well known member

holy cow the holidays!
    "emotional barometer indcating stress and anxiety" what a great phrase! I'm there with you, Archie.
    Thank you for sharing!!!

6. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

with all the very best of intentions, the holidays/ Christmas season, always turn out to be stressful and anxiety-provoking !!!
    And then new years eve comes along .............!