1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 42

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheWayBackUp, Sep 5, 2017.

1. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

Today was the last day of my program.

The big thing I learned was to turn inward to emotions when I have pain rather than outward to physical symptoms.

The other thing I learned is that it is more important that I enjoy my life than whether or not I am in pain at a given moment.

The less I worry about the pain, the less it bothers me, and it usually feels less strong or even goes away as well.

Also I learned my pain likes to move :)

This was a great program.

moon123 and Lily Rose like this.
  2. Sciatic Sally

Sciatic Sally New Member

What will you do know? Has the pain gone away now?

3. TheWayBackUp

My main pain areas, yes. I have new pain in other places, but it's not as bad. I'm going to do more journaling and thinking and also resume physical activity without fear.

4. Sciatic Sally

Sciatic Sally New Member

It sounds as if you are getting there. Good luck

5. srton

srton Well known member

FYI - @TheWayBackUp your posts have been very helpful!
    As a reminder to self-care/self-love your presence on this forum has had a positive impact on my recovery.
    I wish you all the best and I think you're just going to continue to heal - emotionally and physically.
    SrTon

6. TheWayBackUp

Thank you so much! I agree with you. I will be on the forum still. I want to be a part of it. Today I was able to do things I had thought I was gonna 'give up' for good. It was a good day. Peace.

Sciatic Sally likes this.