1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 42 - What have you learned?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leonor, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

I learned how to sort my feelings and that I need to have more compassion for myself. I also learned to slow down and not expect to heal sooner than what my natural pace is. I mostly learn not to fear my pain or any future pitfall. I learned to realize that I am my own person and that I cannot compare myself to others because my circumstances were unique; good or bad. I also learned to deal better with my son’s condition, ADHD and to let him express his rage and help him canalize it in a healthy way. I am definitely more hopeful and know for sure that I will heal. I am now exercising regularly and don’t feel any extra pain. I am not pain free, I still have it but like I said I am not afraid of it anymore and it gives me more energy.
    Sometimes we are advised to ignore the pain, sometimes to feel the pain or make it into a deeper emotional discovery and I think they are all good advises, I think that at times we do need to concentrate in just being happy, being busy, doing nothing etc. and sometimes we need to feel the pain to discover what our emotions are telling us.
    I am a long time meditator and it has helped me a lot, but I also have been able to integrate some of the new techniques on this site and from different books that were suggested here. I think that we need to find our own meditative state and techniques and not think that it has to be done like this or that in order to have a positive outcome. Even a simple deep breathing can help us sometimes relax and accept ourselves.
    Affirmations and repetitions are also very important. I don’t sleep well but Louse Hay’s affirmations have helped me a lot in that aspect.
    Lastly I learn to talk to my mind a lot. At the beginning it was kind of silly but now I am used to it and it helps me tremendously in my everyday struggles. My depression is getting better and I am moving in a more positive direction.

I am glad I found this page! This is a wonderful support for us in our healing path!

Leslie, Nattycakes and gailnyc like this.
  2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Madura, this is great news. I agree, everyone needs to find their own path. I'm glad you've found yours.