1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by EurypteridR, Apr 17, 2020.

1. EurypteridR

EurypteridR New Member

The doctor told me she had seen patients like me in that past and that, I was probably never going to get better. I was 13 at the time and quite frankly I was terrified, I've always been ambitious from a young age and thinking that I was never going to be able accomplish my dreams was scary. To be honest that still what scares me the most is that I'll never be able to do what I want to do and be who I want to be. I used to tell myself that one day I was magically going to get better and I'd be normal again and it never happened. I missed basically all of high school and I'm still really sad about it. I feel like I've lost so much. I'm 18 now and I've applied to and gotten into some pretty good schools (it was a last minute decision I had given up hope but I realized I wanted to go more than anything), I'm going no matter what. I've decided that. If I'm still unwell it doesn't matter at least I'll be living my life.

Sorry, that got kind of more intense than I meant it to, it just kind of came pouring out.

2. Okcowgirl

Okcowgirl Peer Supporter

Hi EurypteridR (whew, thats quite name lol)
    I am so sorry you have had such a rough start from a young age.
    Don't apologize for being intense, it sounds like your life has been sort of intense.
    Congrats on getting into some good schools. Good luck with that
    I am glad you are here and are working toward wellness.
    Blessings and prayers for you
    Dawn/Okcowgirl