1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 36... self care

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Francis.Antonius, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Francis.Antonius

Francis.Antonius New Member

When i was working with student leaders, i always told them to remember that airline stewards tell you to put the mask over your face FIRST before putting it on anyone else who may need help.

Self care is not something that's nice to do or to engage in... its an essential part of my recovery. One of the few things that i can still do with enjoyment and guilt free bliss is playing online chess.

I do small bite sized 15-20 minute games after my walks or as a reward for completing a goal... chess and a very small piece of dark chocolate!

After everything that ive been through, i wholly deserve the joy that comes from being and engaging in this "normal" non pain focused activity. What's clear to me is that selfcare reminds every TMS sufferer that normal everyday joys can still exist... in time those memories will become a key feature of our recovery.

FA