1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 Day 31-questioning

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mmo4, Nov 7, 2013.

1. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

I am thinking about daily pressures and how that affects me. I think I have a lot of guilt surrounding my kids-as most moms do. I feel like I am not doing enough for them, or not done things correctly. I have a lot of kids and my husband has a very demanding job and is not around weeknights to help. This has created a lot of stress over the years.

One thing I realize is that my perfectionism has created stress which in turn has made me irritable. My reluctance to take more time for me, trying to be the perfect mom has made me resentful at times and more stressed-am more grouchy. The relaxed, fun moms who seem to have a lot of energy to do more with their kids, seem to take a lot of "me time". I have been too much of a martyr to do this and it has been bad for everyone. My body is telling me to reassess things and maker some positive changes.

One downside lately is that I have been wondering again whether the hip pain is related to my stomach diastasis-muscles basically torn and lax from pregnancy. When you hear about this condition, everyone says that back pain is a result as the stomach muscles cannot support the back anymore. People I know who have gotten stomach surgery have reported that their back pain went away--I wonder if there is some self-fulfilling prophecy/expectations and then placebo affect. I was willing to believe TMS 100%, but this thought has been creeping in lately. I notice my symptoms are worse in the a.m. (and feel very connected to stress). I am jogging again, but still have a hard time sitting for long periods.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

As you know mmo4, getting back to living life with joy is a main ingredient in getting rid of the pain.
    When you mention stress I can tell it has a hold on you, You do know the reaction watch and awareness correct?

Start to practice each time you feel a bad emotion or feel like its just not a good day or if you are in pain
    Think, what I am I thinking about. I mean what am I reacting to in a negative way and why am I reacting in a negative way?
    to this time or situation in my life.
    Then when you can get to the point that you know when your thoughts are causing you stress
    As you mentioned above, then think what if I was to think of this in a brighter and better way. hum?

It would most defiantly take away that pain your having but it takes patience.
    If your stressed and you actually feeling it, well that's lifes pressures as you mentioned.
    Thing is you have to recondition yourself to handle lifes pressures with a smile and that takes time and practice with patience.

Be patient and be faithful in Self control ok.
    Don't put time limits on anything ya know- hence the patience.
    Get your focus back on being happy just cause, I know that sounds extreme but
    what you don't want to do is usually the tms winning in that area.

If you think that your pain is from something physical, well have you been checked to rule out anything serious?
    If you have and you got cleared, well id have to say the tms has you fooled once again cause you are focusing on the body.
    The best wile the TMS has. Don't give in to these tricks. That's why we have to focus on happiness and smile.
    Bless you.