1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 - Motherhood and tms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leonor, May 28, 2013.

1. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

When I became pregnant in 2001 I visited a doctor and told him about my pain, he told me I had fibromyalgia an to return after my son was born. I mostly had pain in my back. While I was pregnant I prepared and read all kinds of books. When my son was born I was financially stable and could stay at home with him ( I was a single mother by choice). I became exhausted and my son would not sleep through the night for whole six years. My sleep was interrupted for good, before my son was born I slept well, and I became chronically exhausted and my pain expanded. In his first years I managed to participate in a lot of activities with him but in the last three years I actually stopped and became more isolated. My son is now 11 years old and is very independent but I feel guilty because I realize now he became too independent too early. He does like it but I know he needs more direction. I became very stressed and he became more defiant, he has ADHD, and things can get out of hands. The stress with my son worries me and makes me more sick. I have been reading some of Gabor Maté books about ADHD and bonding and he gives very good advice. I am trying even though it is difficult because I am also trying to get out of this exhaustion, depression and pain, but I am hanging in there.

2. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Madura, you might find the interview Forest did with Nicole Sachs (believe you can find it in the "General Discussion" portion of the forum) helpful and interesting. She discusses a lot of the emotions that come with parenting. I haven't had any experience with the situation you describe to be able to offer any specific information aside from what is true for all of us, "you're no good to anyone else if you're not first good to yourself". Please hang in there, and don't let fear keep you from asking for help...there's a reason we're not all on our own individual planets (I forget that one myself too often so I wanted to put it out there for both of us).

3. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Than you Leslie. I had watched it but I watched it again. It is always helpful to hear other experiences.