1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Oct 14, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?
    I walk all the time and have done some cycling but before getting my mind blown with this work, it has all been done with fear. Now I am pursuing activity with a different mindset and am excited about trying out things I haven't done in years. Like jogging, swinging a golf club, cycling up some decent hills. I am really looking forward to going ALL OUT with exercise. I used to do triathlons and I love the feeling of really pushing myself to the max physically to hit a finish line. I stopped those because of the time commitments for training.
    With this work though, I can see how I used those physical endeavors to DISTRACT from facing my feelings of failure through work. I love the connections that are starting to pop!

Stella likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love your enthusiasm nowtimecoach
    Remember, TMS treatment is about reconditioning yourself to think about the pain in a totally different way,
    and react differently to it. Instead of fearing that there is something physically wrong,
    you accept that the pain is benign and serves a purpose. By focusing on unpleasant thoughts and feelings-
    the ones you don't want to admit that you feel, the ones that you do not want to face-
    you are reconditioning your response to the pain.
    Hence- leaving the tms with no ammunition, your doing great.

nowtimecoach likes this.