1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Atlantis, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Atlantis

Atlantis New Member

I’ve been exercising for the last 4 days consistently and today was the day I told myself I will lift heavier weights like I used to. I did it!! I had some anger while doing it because my right arm felt so weak and I was also upset because a year ago working out and doing what I wanted was not even a second thought. I felt empowered when I was done, but also a little worried that the pain would get worse. So far so good!!! I just kept telling myself the Sarno 12 principles while I lifted weights and also kept telling any twinges to just go away and I spoke to the twinges by saying I know you’re trying to take my mind away from the emotions I’m feeling but you can go say now. I don’t need you in my life anymore!

2. Josh Howard

Josh Howard New Member

That's great news! To me, any success story is great to hear. Having a background in Exercise Science, the biggest obstacle for me is training my brain that these physical symptoms are real, yet produced in the mind and manifested because of oxygen depravation. The belief goes against everything I've learned.

Keep lifting and keep posting these success stories, they give me hope!

Thanks.

3. Atlantis

Atlantis New Member

Josh!! I’m a fitness instructor and I was always so sore and I just thought I had a slow recovery as I aged. I’m only 41! I now realize that this is tms! I also ran 3.5 miles a few days ago. Just do it!!

Josh Howard likes this.