1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Josh Howard, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Josh Howard

Josh Howard New Member

For me, reflecting on past life events and dealing with those traumas is the most difficult. It is not talking about the events themselves but rather determining why I cannot feel a lot of emotions towards those events.

My trauma: My father had a mental illness and committed suicide when I was 11. When I first found out I was very emotional but have had a lot of trouble expressing my feelings or tapping into my emotions since that day.

Other traumatic events: I did not have the greatest relationship with my step father and have since been divorced, which could also lead to some issues with TMS nowadays. I have some everyday anxiety and rage but not what I would believe would be considered abnormal.

I believe that the trauma from my father's suicide has a direct correlation but have had a lot of difficulties with dealing with those emotions. I've been to therapy a couple of times, which did seem to help a little but never really brought everything to surface. The biggest problem is that I am not sure what I'm unconsciously holding in. It a real struggle.

But just being able to post and read other's stories has been helpful.

2. Atlantis

Atlantis New Member

Stay strong Josh!!! The pain will start to go away. I can relate to you because I have feelings like I want to cry but I just can’t. I’ve had 1 or 2 good emotions that I let out and I can tell you that during one of them my pain almost completely went away. I hit it and found 1 thing that I realized was something I needed to release. Be positive.. you will get there.

Josh Howard likes this.
  3. Josh Howard

Josh Howard New Member

Thanks! I appreciate the support.