1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MG123, May 21, 2017.

1. MG123

MG123 New Member

Hi there,

As part of this program, I wanted to share with you that last that I did sport.

It was on last Thrusday. I've exercised pilates and it was great! Even though, It was a bit hurting, because I've done some activity and stimulated my muscles. Moreover, it was relaxing, relieved my pain and caused me some exhaustion, so I needed to take a short nap.

Usually, I avoid from physical activity, because I fear that it will cause me a great pain and fatigue more that I could bare. For instance, my last workout with a personal coach in the gym made me collapsed and I didn't leave the house for three days.

I know that I need to take it step by step, from the begging and with a lot of stretching. In one hand, I don't feel that I avoid from sports, as I believe that I need the right instruction and the suited activity and for surely I would to love to begin with it; but in the other hand, I feel a lack of movitiation, because I really don't practice activities that I can do with self- for instance 20 minutes a day of walking- an activity that any coach recommend me to do so. I feel that because of the lack of motivation, I avoid doing it, and it's a pity because I could be helpful for me for a start.

Have a lovely day,
    MG

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MG123. If exercising at the gym with personal coach was too much, maybe try some YouTube videos you can do at home to get exercise. I'm 86 and find the exercises for seniors helpful. There are tons of others for you to look at. Walking is wonderful and I hope you can do that every day.