1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CMA, Feb 8, 2013.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Planning to start Steve Oz's Pain Deception book today. Pain is much better, anxiety is there.

veronica73 likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I didn't realize how much anxiety I had until I got into Sarno. Now I know I have lived with it all my life so it just seemed normal.

Besides meditation and physical exercise I also do the Belly Breathing off and on all day long. I have set my phone to go off to remind me to do 10 deep breaths all during the day. I use stickers stuck on various places to remind me to breath deeply: a stoplight, bathroom, the kitchen, etc.

If watching TV I perform the deep breathing the entire time. An hour before I go to bed I deep breath then I am so relaxed I have no probem going to sleep (never for many years) As I type to you I deep breath.

Headache In The Pelvis suggests tying your breathing to your pulse rate. Mine is in the 90s so I count to 8-9 for each breath in then each breath out. Otherwise count to 6.

So some suggestions for you. I believe they have helped me a lot.

Leslie likes this.