1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 - Start deprogramming? very tired!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leonor, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

I started on Sunday but because I started alone 10 days ago I finished already day 5. I wonder if that is okay. From now on I will do only one day at a time. I am trying to deprogram my mind from the precautions that I take every day. I read a book lying in my sofa yesterday, which I always avoid, and got a tremendous pain in my neck. I had pain all night, could not sleep well and now I am totally in pain and exhausted. Should I wait to start deprogramming? Please advice. Thank you.

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

You need to do it at your own pace with the program--only you will know what is right for you.

I think deprogramming is necessary to un-do all the un-truths we have believed for so long. I think waiting keeps the fears alive in us--fears that need to be removed in order to heal fully. Millions of people lie on their sofa regularly and it doesn't cause them pain. Have you conditioned yourself to believe that if you lie on the sofa, you will have neck pain? how about taking one thing you do, perhaps lying on the sofa, and working on that for a few days. "I can lie on the sofa and enjoy it and find it relaxing. I can do this." Speak to your brain about it. I find it best not to use the words like "pain" in such a statement as that can be all your brain hears.

What do you think? Tackling one thing sound feasible?

Karen likes this.
  3. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Hi Lori, thank you for your answer. My neck hurts the most, so I decided to start someplace else. This morning I decided to bike to the beach, it is about 5 minutes. While I was biking I said to myself, it will not hurt more, it is not a physical problem, it is mental and it helped. I was able to bike to the beach and not feel totally exhausted afterwards. I also walked for a little while next to the water. I will do it everyday and every time walk longer. I love the beach and it is a shame not to enjoy the beautiful beach and weather I have close to me.

Karen likes this.
  4. Lori

Lori Well known member

I love the beach too. Glad you're seeing some results! :)