1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 3/ last time I exercised

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Kylin Foster, May 27, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

The last time I worked out was early this week. Since my pain was more of intense discomfort of the vulva/vulvodynia before I knew it was TMS i would get more uncomfortable when I worked out I though the sweat and tight clothes would cause yeast or make me more uncomfortable but now I know that is not the case. Part of me thinks even than it was a bit of an excuse because I never worked out a TON before that I was always naturally skinny even though now I can get more self conscious about my body. I don't know why sometimes I'm not just motivated to work out all the time but I do try to go to the gym at least twice a week. My boyfriend doesn't mean to say this in a mean way but he is a super fit military guy and thinks that I give up when things get hard working out. Just because I do stuff like light cardio and the elliptical. Realizing this post has many topics but that's all. Just it bothers me my boyfriend says that and i'm trying to find more motivation because the twice a week thing is when I'm going through a motivated period of time I'm not sure I would say its the norm.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kylin. It looks like your boyfriend doesn't understand or believe in TMS. If you live together, that could be a problem. If you don't, no problem... just don't tell him about it or how many days you go to the gym. You can always exercise at home. Pilates or yoga is about as much exercise as you need. And there are many good home exercise programs on YouTube. I never exercised in a gym all my life and I am 87 and in no pain. TMS and the SEProgram cured my severe back ache three years ago. Most of my adult life I played tennis and golf and took long walks (no jogging). Who really needs gym exercise, anyway? It looks to me that you are doing fine.