1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 28ish. Back pain now going to my knee!!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by EricMd, Apr 3, 2013.

1. EricMd

EricMd Peer Supporter

My back pain is doing better but for the last 2 days I have had right knee pain while running. I had this a few weeks ago and was able to convince myself that it was TMS so I ran faster and it went away. It is a little trickier this time. I have normal painless motion and no swelling or trauma to my knee. Just pain. It is funny that towards the end of my run I can skip without pain which should place more force on my knee. I am fairly confident it is TMS but it is that 1% doubt that I must be holding onto that keeps it from completely going away. One of my fears is that I will hurt myself exercising and it is hard to let that one go because I depend on exercise to help alleviate my stress. I am not sure which exercise to do next? Should I run to confront my new TMS symptom or swim to confront my old symptom? Maybe I should just sign up for a triathalon and cover all the bases.

2. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Give yourself a HUGE hug to confront all of your symptoms:) Do something that makes you smile, or better yet, laugh out loud. Surround yourself with laughter and love - pain and laughter can't exist simultaneously. Maybe skip the run and the swim and beat up a punching bag instead??

Stella likes this.