1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 27 Day 27 Symptom Imperative breakthroughs and non perfect days

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jokeysmurf, Sep 24, 2018.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

It's been a long while since I posted. It's probably more like day 67 rather than da7 27. Lots of things have dramatically improved. Over the course of several weeks i started to have less and less IBS symptoms, and back pain and pain in general. I have had about 1- panic attack and very little anxiety in general. All I can say is what you read on success stories has been helping. Don't react with fear when new symptoms arise. Maybe expect that your symptoms will move around so it doesn't surprise. Read and reread success stories. Try and maintain a positive attitude- this has been crucial. So many times I wanted to throw in the towel and I would just pick myself back up, give a pep talk and start over. Belief, this is huge for me right now. It's taking time for all this to sink in to my unconsious. Because at your most fearful alone moments is when you go back to doubt. Believing things will turn out and knowing that you are fine is what matters.

So far things are progressing well. This doesn't mean things are perfect. I was told by a very wise person on this forum that you don't have to have perfect days. This is true. Before TMS was a chronic thing I never had perfect days either so don't put so much pressure on yourself to perfectly "heal." Also I read The Great Pain Deception, Steve emphasizes stop trying to heal and get back to living life. I agree. Slowly your fears and doubts need to erase and be replace with confidence and life in general.

Today i went for a morning walk, something I have started to reintroduce in my life. Talk about wanting to live life again. I climb a small hill a few hundred feet in elevation. At the end of my 3 mile hike I get home and lie on the couch to read and my legs lock up. I get unresponsive legs that eventually turned into shin splints. I looked on this forum and see shin splints are tendonitis and that is TMS. Ahh, tricky symptom imperative. I ignore and resume my day. I waddled like a duck for the whole day at work. By 4pm the pain and symptoms vanished into thin air.

Don't lose hope

Nissou, Zozote11 and BloodMoon like this.
  2. Zozote11

Zozote11 New Member

Hopeful message. Thank you

3. chad_DVM

chad_DVM Newcomer

Thanks for the post. I am on day 8 (although it is more like day 16 and I went through Alan Gordon's program first). I am frustrated that the pain got better but now it is back very similar to it was when I began the program. I think I am struggling with the belief that this program can help me. Which is odd, because I do believe I have TMS. I am struggling with maintaining an indifferent attitude toward my pain. It is debilitating. I can't do any physical activity that I used to enjoy many, many years ago. I can't carry my baby for long periods due to pain. I fear when he begins to walk and run I won't be able to keep up with him due to pain. These are fears I have had for 20 years. I should take it easy on myself. But it is when I read so many stories of people's pain going away so fast. That's when I am like, "Yeah, well, of course I am not one of those people. Shit always has to be hard for me." Forgive my self-pitying attitude. This was a tough day.

4. Zozote11

Zozote11 New Member

I'm with you, the same for me. But The fact that your pain is more ou less important is a proof that you have TMs. Have an indifferent attitude toward the pain is so hard for me too but I try to :
    -think psychological : my pain comes from stress, TMS personnality and my low self estime
    - there are some days with pain some days without because it is an inner journey
    - your brain try to resist like mine and would have us believe that we.have structural problem

Give you more love and self compassion
    Sorry for my english...