1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 Day 25-exercise and progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mmo4, Oct 31, 2013.

1. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

I went for a 30 minute jog twice this week. A little pain during, but I was able to ignore it. More pain yesterday, but very tied to stress.

Interesting to read about what a person acts like who represses their emotions-I fit that perfectly! I have small children and it is amazing to watch how they express themselves so effortlessly-joy, sadness, anger etc. I am thinking about how I parent and am trying to encourage the kids to not repress their emotions (like I do/did).

I am starting to see that the TMS is a blessing in disguise (as I believe all crises can be) as I am learning a lot about myself and can make some positive changes in my life.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

mmo4 - Congrats on two 30 minute jogs! I'm more impressed that you got two jogs in with small children!! ha-ha. I have also started jogging. I have pain in the beginning but I tell myself its not related to the activity and sure enough it dissipates as I keep running. I'm just mirroring what you said that TMS is a blessing in disguise because the level of awareness that keeps growing as a result of doing this work is amazing.

mmo4 likes this.
  3. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

Thanks. I think the running will be a big help in the end. Great that you just run through it.

I stopped running when my PT told me to give it a break and the TMS only got worse. The exercise is such a stress reliever. I am going to try 2 x a week to start. I have a harder time sitting for extended periods of time.