1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 2

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tmsthrowaway05, Sep 8, 2020.

1. tmsthrowaway05

tmsthrowaway05 Peer Supporter

This was a super informative article and really reiterated a lot of Sarno's healing back pain book. I can tell the author truly believed in the method. I definitely am a people pleaser/perfectionist/worrier etc. Any tips or encouragement or ANYTHING feel free to reply.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

If you are like me, whenever you manage to break free from that people pleasing habit, part of your brain will be elated. However, another part may throw a bunch of guilt at you. So, I would recommend that as you start doing more self-care, make sure to spend some time with that inner-voice that is terrified of having someone upset with you. Tell that voice it's okay to feel guilty, but the feeling is not necessary as self-care is ESSENTIAL! I'm still working on that...it's a process, but a healthy one.

Keep up the good work!