1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 Ouch!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Parker, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker New Member

Day 2.
    In a lot of pain. low back, hips, glutes, legs. I'm high as a kite as well on Pregabalin which hasn't helped the pain at all so I'm going to reduce the dose over the next few days with a view to stopping. I'm struggling to do the TMS work because I feel so spacey. I'm in a lot of pain today, I did some physical activity yesterday which has in the past triggered this pain, not always but if I've had a flare and I'm still 'sensitive', I wont be good the next day. At the time I did some self dialogue, clearly told my subconscious this wasn't harmful and in fact good for me and I wont be getting an increase in pain. I think though on reflection I just did too much yesterday because I was having a better day.
    On a positive, the pain has moved a lot in the last 24 hours. I appreciate this a good sign, its on the run? I think I may have made a discovery as well. I appear to be able to stop pain when I get a twinge if I get cross and I'm very firm with my instruction to my subconscious. My subconscious doesn't appear to respond to reasoning, just clear firm instruction.

Its really hard to think psychologically when you know a particular activity causes pain. Activity=pain=structural cause? I'm still really struggling to accept the TMS theory fully. I remember when I first explored TMS a couple of years ago and didn't make much progress I would get really frustrated reading recovery stories of people who became pain free by simply reading a TMS book or within a few days. It angered me tbh that I couldn't do the same. I wasn't at the them, I was angry at me. Why not me? Ironic really, that trying to recover from TMS using the TMS tools and seeing no change generates more inner rage!!
    Hoping tomorrow is a better day, I wont give in.....
    Parker
    Its a long time since I read any of the TMS books, maybe its time to go back and re read them. Trouble is, I lent them out to friends and they were never returned!!
    I hope I have the opportunity to come back and read these posts when I am finally pain free??

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I have found that the library has a lot of these books. Of course, you can't highlight, underline, turn corners down which I love to do.

3. Parker

Parker New Member

Thanks

Yeh, agree, I like to do that too. Its not the same on a kindle either, something organic and sensory about a book. Ill probably just buy them again. My favourite is 'The Divided Mind'. I've also got Fred Amir's 'Back and neck Pain', I like some parts of the book though struggle with rewarding your sub conscious with treats. The only treat I would give myself would be exercise, and that's the whole point, I can't! Not fussed for food as a reward etc... and I don't tend to deny myself of anything else?

Parker.