1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 19 Day 19 - 21 - Ups & Downs

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MusicMan11, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MusicMan11

MusicMan11 Peer Supporter

I had a beautiful weekend with dinner with friends, hanging out on boats/lakes and enjoying the weather. I had a great times with my friends/family friends despite having pain.

What is very frustrating is this constant sinus pressure/pain in my forehead and around my eyes that I still can't shake no matter what.

I have been doing so well with being relaxed and no anxiety about symptoms. However, this morning I was leaving for work and noticed that my car had been broken into last night with a pair of my wallet, pair of sunglasses and change stolen out of it. This triggered panic and anxiety today.

Currently, I am trying to work through somatic tracking and leaning into my feelings and accepting it and letting it pass. I cancelled all my cards and got everything squared away, ordered a new license and did a bunch of other small things, but I'm still a bit shaken up.

The funny thing I have noticed is that because I am shaken up and a bit anxious, a lot of my sinus pressure/pain symptoms of the past week have subsided. Does this mean my sinus symptoms are really TMS? Or is this normal?