1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17 Day 17--some success, some doubt

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by painless, Oct 31, 2013.

1. painless

painless New Member

Week ago played three full court basketball games and felt great. Shoulder, hands and knees felt fine. Wondered if it was too good to true. Sort of waiting for other shoe to drop. Good amount of pain (interesting choice of words unconsciously, huh?) for last several days. I suspect anger and hurt are behind these symptoms and I am grappling with them. Playing basketball tomorrow and I'm planning again on feeling good. Hear that, unconscious?

nowtimecoach likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is good to know that you felt great during basketball.
    but you said you had a good amount of pain for the last several days so remember the golden rule in healing
    if we expect pain, we get pain.
    Now it doesn't always have to be like that, the more and more you recondition to this issue you will be able to think
    on pain of the past and not worry if its going to last for several days ya know
    Cause you'll be mindful in the now and not waiting on the pain or expecting it or hoping it doesn't come back or , well etc.

See painless we have to read Sarnos golden words and then go about our days with no fear if the pain is there or not.
    We treat it as a cut or a broken bone in which we know its going to heal we just don't worry about it ya know-
    or think well I wonder if that broken bone is going to break before it gets better.

First we have to be conditioned to believe in the Diagnosis 100 percent- good reason for reconditioning ya know
    and as we do this we loose any fear of the pain and we get our focus completely in the psychological realm ya know.
    Your doing great , just take these words as courage and go win that basketball game, and don't worry ok-

Bless you

nowtimecoach likes this.
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Way to go, Painless! (and what a great name!) I'm convinced that our minds are incredibly powerful tools, and that if we could tap even 5%, we'd be UNSTOPPABLE! TMS has reinforced this belief.
    And as usual, Herbie hit the nail on the head.

mmo4 and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  4. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

You go Painless! I just started a running program and am delighted to feel the soreness of muscles not used in awhile. Did I have my back pain? ummm yeah - but who cares! I'm running again no matter what! Here's to our activity!!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.