1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 - Sharing site with Reiki clients

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LaineyVeganseed, Sep 1, 2019.

1. LaineyVeganseed

LaineyVeganseed Peer Supporter

I was at a 3-day music festival last weekend where I was giving 15-minute Reiki sessions. Several people had physical pains that were related to their suppressed emotions. I give them the tmswiki.org website and recommended the 6-week program. They were all so grateful! Very glad to have this as a resource to send my Reiki clients to! Interestingly, my brother and sister-in-law both have severe chronic pain, and I mentioned the site and provided the link. I'll find out this weekend whether either of them have checked it out or not. I find that people who are open to Reiki are open to other therapies as well. My brother and sister-in-law aren't very open-minded about "alternative" practices. It is unfortunate - I would love to see them both free from their pain!

Patrisia likes this.
  2. greger

greger New Member

Does Reiki help TMS, it is a mind body alternative?

3. LaineyVeganseed

Yes, I find that Reiki sessions help get to the emotional “root” causing the TMS symptoms. I’ve experienced my Reiki clients getting rid of long time pain in a single Reiki session, especially when the stressor causing it is from their past. Other times, the symptoms may take many sessions to be eliminated, for example if it is being caused by current stressors that continue - until the person eliminates the cause of the stress. Reiki is a great stress reliever!

4. greger

greger New Member

My doctor gave me the name of a local Reiki Practitioner that she has used. I am not sure of the cost but I think I will at least give her a call. Maybe she an help with the stress at least. Thanks so much for answering.

5. LaineyVeganseed

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

6. greger

greger New Member

I will for sure, thanks