1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dogeeseseegod, Jul 26, 2019.

1. dogeeseseegod

dogeeseseegod New Member

I haven't been very active in writing on the forum in the past couple of weeks. With various things going on I didn't get around to doing the SEP every day.

Today's question to ponder asks if your pain has moved around and how this affects your belief in the diagnosis. Unfortunately my pain hasn't moved or changed in intensity so I guess I am lacking in the proof that I feel a need for to strengthen my belief further. I am trying to accept the diagnosis but a part of me needs concrete evidence.

Apart from that I am finding the journalling very useful and am connecting events and emotions which I never consciously connected. It's unusual to have such things from the past surface especially when I am writing about a different event. Does anyone find that after journalling you are really tired? As in out of nowhere. I do journal at night though so maybe that explains it.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

As in so much of this work, everyone responds differently, and this doesn't surprise me. Although, I wonder: do you ever find thoughts coming into your head during your writing exercises, but you don't want to write them down? Maybe they are embarrassing or bring up bad memories?

3. dogeeseseegod

dogeeseseegod New Member

Hi JanAtheCPA, I've actually surprised myself in that I have been able to write down everything that comes up. I try to get myself in a zone mentally and then speed write without punctuation or editing spelling mistakes and I've found that helps. To get to a place where I can do this I leave it to the end of the day so it's possibly just the culmination of the day and the journalling activity which tires me out. Thanks for your response