1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 day 15 on my way to acceptance of TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by joannabev, Mar 22, 2014.

1. joannabev

joannabev New Member

During the past week (my second full week) my pain has changed some, varied in intensity and moved about some, too. I have felt some old leg pain, back twinges and even a little Achilles ache, but all were fleeting because my mantra has become, " It's psychological, not physical!" And that usually nips the symptom. I've still experienced my most distracting symptoms in my jaw, neck and ears, but this has changed too, with less intensity and less frequency. I'm trying not to refer to it as pain, but as symptoms, and this seems to help. Also, I ask myself : "What are my emotions trying to tell me? What's up? What's bugging me, worrying me?" I have a quick conversation with myself. I try not to worry or think ahead, just pay attention to how I feel in the present moment. I think this past week has been the best for me in accepting the TMS diagnosis...not completely, but more...closer, I feel like I'm on my way! I feel more confident and that feels good. I really appreciate everyone's supportive comments and suggestions. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome, I don't have any suggestions to add to this joanabev. You are doing great. Keep going in this direction. I would say to add some meditations to your protocol if you haven't already. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Thanks for the post.:)

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

I start walking through the personality traits when trying ti determine what is bugging me, what is causing depression or what is causung pain.
    Is it prefectionism? Have I visually seen someone disappointed in me. Am I beating myself on the head? Is it my extreme sense of respoinsibilty?
    Is it guilt for not feeling like the perfect daughter? perfect friend? perfect wife?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Stella

Stella Well known member

Compulsively dutiful, yes, compulively dutiful is nother TMS trait that trips me up.