1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 Book Choice

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JoshB, Nov 27, 2012.

1. JoshB

JoshB New Member

It said to share what book has been helping me along the way. I recently started The great pain deception by Steven Ozanich. Theres some great information in there that is coming from a previous tms sufferer who overcame it. An important thing to remember is recovery is non linear, I had my first two pain free days last week in over 6 months. This week the pain is back again but moving continuously. It can be very easy to get discouraged but I truly believe that anyone can overcome TMS if they put their mind to it. I am well on my way.. heres a little video for some inspiration

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! that was an insipirational video. Isn't it so amazing at how powerful people are at overcoming adversity! It reminds me a lot of what Dr. Zafirides always says, Never Doubt how truly powerful you are.

3. Susan

Susan Peer Supporter

JoshB,

Thanks for posting this amazing video! When I get too focused on my body, let me remember that my MIND is the place I really want to go with messages of my wholeness and health! Mind over matter is where our true power originates.

Susan

4. tarala

tarala Well known member

Thanks for the amazing video Josh. Everything is in the attitude and the gratitude isn't it?

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

if you aint happy when you watch this guy-then you must be dead-
    and ive seen people that werent happy watching him just yesterday
    and i thought their alive but really dead on the inside
    now this guy here can take squashed tomatoes and make cherry wine-
    wow-amazing how powerful a belief and enthusiasm he must have....
    this is the belief that heals
    we build enthusiasm as we heal
    we master it to obtain healed

6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Thanks for the inspiration! Even at the height of my pain I kept a gratitude journal to remind me of how blessed I am. It's hard to remember that when the cycle of pain seems endless.
    I'm just finishing Steve O's book, The Great Pain Deception. I'm having success with banishing the pain from some areas of my body, but the migraines are my biggest challenge. I've been up since 2 am with the latest round. I think I'll try visualization next. It's funny, as I wrote about today's stressful events in my journal, the headache returned again! If that isn't proof of TMS, I don't know what is!