1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 12 Day 12

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aa3405, Nov 15, 2013.

1. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

I'm not sure why it is harder for me to remember a happy childhood memory compared to ones that I am upset about. That's a little disturbing, since my childhood was fine. I do remember spending hours in my parent's pool with my brother. We would swim, go down the slide, jump off the diving board, and just play around in the water. We would be there all summer. I would get so tan that I was 3 shades darker than my normal skin tone. It was a time where we didn't have to think about anything else. It was nice.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Those are wonderful days to remember and cherish. I can visualize you and your brother having such a great time in the pool.

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Just you describing a lazy summer day spent playing in a pool with your brother brings relaxation to me. What a wonderful memory!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My brother would have pushed my head under the water and kept it there.
    But I guess I still know he loved me. He just resented having to look after me and my sister.

In winter we rode a sled down our front stairs when they were covered with snow.
    A long dozen steps or more, leading out to the street.
    I would sit on the sled and Johnny would get behind me and give me a push.
    Before letting go of my back, he would twist me so the sled and I went down the stairs
    sideways. I was lucky I didn't get hurt from the fall.
    But I guess I still know he loved me. haha