1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 12. Pain free day followed by exacerbation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Luv4Sarno, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Luv4Sarno

Luv4Sarno New Member

I have been really enjoying the program. Things have been going well. My fear has been reduced, I feel more in touch with some emotions, and have seen a pain reduction.

The last couple of days, I hit some deep emotional issues from my past. It seemed at first that just writing about them helped them process, and I enjoyed a pain free day. Unfortunately I woke up to a different type pain in the same problematic area that brought me here. It was kind of worse and definitely upsetting in its unfamiliarity. Since then I have seen significantly heightened pain and a wild symptom imperative. Figure taking a break from the program is best as I process what was brought up.

Any tips how to reduce the length of this flare up? Is taking a break a good idea, or is it good to keep pushing while things are stirred up? Guessing this is something like an extinction burst? Seems like I have had a few of them already, but in the concept it is sort of implied that it is a penultimate occurrence, so I am a bit confused. So if anyone has anything clarifying to add on this, it would be appreciated.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Take a break, and give yourself a whole bunch of self-care, compassion, and credit for how much you've already accomplished!

This is great news, if you change your mind about how you perceive it. Smile!

Look up therapeutic breathing and try some of those techniques, or simply engage in some basic meditation and marvel at how easy it is to access fantastic resources like that.

Above all, don't overthink the process. Every journey is unique, so just accept yours for what it is.

And don't forget to smile :joyful:

~Jan

3. Luv4Sarno

Luv4Sarno New Member

Thanks Jan. I have a meditation practice and it helps. I love the knowledge, belief, faith concept at your footer. Very cool!

JanAtheCPA likes this.