1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 12 day 12 ouch

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by painless, Oct 18, 2013.

1. painless

painless New Member

played basketball twice this week and yesterday had an awful lot of pain. everything hurt. quite surprised, because first time i played this week i was doing pretty well. dont feel really disappointed because i know this is a process. suspect i know some of the unconscious reasons for the pain.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great , so you were able to play without all the pain earlier in the week right?
    Well that could go to an evidence sheet- showing you evidence that your pain is tms.

And if you know some of the reasons for the pain, well just think about them for a moment.
    Don't judge them or get angry at them- just notice their, there ok.
    Then try to think what's the best way I can accept this without getting tensed or strained over it ya know.

Its awesome you understand this is a process and you didn't let it cause you more stress, your doing great painless
    Bless you.

3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Painless! Great that you played basketball twice this week!! Congratulations on not feeling disappointed because of the knowledge you have that this is a process and that pain is just a signal. Ha-ah Doesn't quite feel like "JUST" a signal when you're in pain!!
    Thanks Herbie for the note of "Don't judge them or get angry at them. Just notice they are there. And then this is the best part for me to hear today "Then try to think what's the best way I can accept this without getting tensed or strained."
    Thanks!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you nowtimecoach- its about the path least taken.
    Bless you