1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mulwoodscribe, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mulwoodscribe

mulwoodscribe Newcomer

I find the journaling to be the most valuable - and the most difficult - of the tasks in this program. The first day of journaling, I chose a topic to write that resulted in deep emotional upheaval for me. Other days' subjects have been painful to write about but have not caused me to cry but instead to feel an odd combination of sadness and relief. I have had an easier time staying asleep (and not getting up as frequently to urinate) for the most part although I am having some other symptoms that I understand are TMS- related. I have read that when starting this program, some symptoms might get
    temporarily
    worse and other symptoms might crop up. I guess that is my mind reacting to the stimulus of touching emotions and memories that have stayed buried for a long time. I also have been feeling very tired and wanting to nap frequently (I'm 61) which may also be a by-product of uncovering these emotions. Is this common? Anyway, I am grateful for this program and pray for the courage to complete it.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, mulwoodscribe. You are experiencing what I and many others have in our TMS healing journey.
    Journaling was my most helpful technique in healing. I discovered I had a lot more and stronger anger
    in my childhood than I thought. That was a sure indication I had been repressing it all.

Sometimes the memories can be stressful, but getting them into our minds and writing about them
    can be very therapeutic. Go ahead and cry, or yell, or scream. Then try deep breathing and then laughing.

You will have the courage to complete your TMS process. You can find inspiration in the posts
    in the success story subforums.