1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by junglebiscuits, Jun 22, 2022.

1. junglebiscuits

junglebiscuits New Member

For the past few days the pain I experience has improved a lot! I do believe it's from this program. After a few of the journaling exercises where I drew parallels to some hard experiences, and then accepting that these were traumatic for me and impacted me in a great way than I previously acknowledged, I believe it was a bit of a break through for me. I also get acupuncture regularly. In my session last week I told my acupuncturist I was struggling with a lot of fear related to pain and I believe he did some points which correlated to anxiety/fear of the unknown/uncertainty. So that could have helped too.

The first few days of the program were tough, but it was interesting to try and remove myself a bit and observe it. It shifted around throughout my head to areas where I don't usually experience pain. And then it just kind of went away.

I'm excited and motivated at my results so far, and looking forward to continuing with the program to see what else I can learn.