1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Steve2, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Steve2

Steve2 New Member

Waxing and waning is the pain. I already had an mri 2 weeks ago, and it is swelling in my face and pins and needles, and the whole side of my head on the left side, which is numb, with pain on the top.
    It started as a pain in my tooth, and i thought I had an infection, which led to going to to dentist, and finding no tooth problem, no infection, after 2 rounds of antibiotics, convinced of infection from the tooth spreading into my head and into my ears. Since there was no dental problem, I had the m.r.i. to check the nerve which covers peripheral neuropathy. The m.r.i. came back saying there is some infarction along the nerve, yet not enough to cause my symptoms.
    So, I started the tms therapy here. Actually I was expressing the knowledge therapy in my mind every day for a few weeks prior to starting this, as I have had tms for a long time off and on, with equivalents for years.
    Since starting this i have seen the pain move 3 to 4 times. This is encouraging as I know that "the gig is up" and that tms is on the run. That it won't be very long til the pain does not work as I am learning again to not be afraid of the pain.