1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 day 10 progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by painless, Oct 16, 2013.

1. painless

painless New Member

I feel I continue to make progress in that I look upon pain very differently. I do not see it as permanent or an unchanging result of being 63. Yes, my hands, knees and shoulder hurt but I see it as just something to work through. My consciousness is very much raised in that I observe when I hurt and note what is the situation. I also observe when I do not hurt and wonder why I do not.

I have observed my pain move as this course predicted. One thing I am confused about is my shoulder, diagnosed as a rotator cuff tear. I went to a Sarno-trained physician here in Washington, D.C. and she said she was up n the air on the shoulder, though the other symptoms in knees and hands seemed classic. I suspect my unconscious might take that as permission to keep the pain there. I'll keep working on it.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

painless)- I feel I continue to make progress in that I look upon pain very differently. I do not see it as permanent or an unchanging result of being 63. Yes, my hands, knees and shoulder hurt but I see it as just something to work through. My consciousness is very much raised in that I observe when I hurt and note what is the situation. I also observe when I do not hurt and wonder why I do not.

Eric)- This is very good style painless and the way you said you accept that the pain is not permanent and can be changed. I think you mean in that last sentence that you are trying to see what you are doing right when you aren't hurting- right? Well you are being mindful and happy, living in the moment and being 1 with life again at those times. Cool huh.

painless)- I have observed my pain move as this course predicted. One thing I am confused about is my shoulder, diagnosed as a rotator cuff tear. I went to a Sarno-trained physician here in Washington, D.C. and she said she was up n the air on the shoulder, though the other symptoms in knees and hands seemed classic. I suspect my unconscious might take that as permission to keep the pain there. I'll keep working on it.

Eric)- Yea when the pain moves that's the symptom imperative showing its willingness to fight back if need be because the tms knows your onto it.
    Ok my shoulder hurt for over 20 years and after I really trained and got good at tms therapy knowledge I healed right up in the shoulder too, it was just another symptom imperative - 1 Dr. said it was a very bad rotator cuff tear and the other Dr. said it was Frozen shoulder. Steve Ozanich said in his book that Frozen Shoulder is a Symptom imperative and also Dr. Sarno said rotator cuff tears were almost always tms.
    So there you have it painless. Go on and heal now

G.R. likes this.
  3. painless

painless New Member

Thanks much. Going to the gym now to play.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Eric,
    You are such an encouragement; you have such a handle on TMS. Please, continue to share your experiences and
    knowledge with us.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank you G.R.
    Its a blessing to feel progress as you read and learn from others triumphs and struggles.
    I can tell now GR almost to a T when folks are about to heal by their threads.
    That's really got me excited.
    You are such a good friend
    Bless You

6. painless

painless New Member

Just back from the gym after playing bball. Virtually painless. Even my shoulder was very good. I compare this to Thursday when EVERYTHING hurt. I frankly am surprised because I thought I was going to hurt a lot. Not sure how I've upended my unconscious, but I'll take it.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and G.R. like this.
  7. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Painless,
    That is awesome!!!! I come to realize that sometimes these symptoms have no rhyme or reason.
    Sometimes, when I go to the gym, I have a little bit of pain but then when I get on the eliptical
    that you can sit and use it. The pain eventually goes. It is just so empowering!!!!

For me besides thinking through what is this pain trying to say to me, I try to really challenge the
    pain, especially if a new symptom comes up (however, please note that this might not work for
    everyone).

Recently, this pain moved from my sciatica and buttock to the neck which can be very challenging.
    At first fear tried to rear its' ugly face and unfortunately at first I succumbed to it. However, I
    kept feeling I must challenge this pain. Every time I would get up, the pain would strike and then
    I would sit back down. But just today, I decided to sit up no matter what the pain was like.
    It was so excruciating but I started walking around my house and would not give it. It took all
    the strength I had. Slowly, the pain started to leave after about 15 minutes. I had some but it
    was a lot less. Oh, my goodness, once again I felt empowered. I am going to keep this major
    victory in my TMS notebook as part of my Evidence Sheet that I can get the pain to leave.
    It so warmed my heart and lifted my spirits today when this happened. We just need to keep
    encouraging each other.

Eric, I have heard it said that if the pain moves; you are making progress because the brain knows
    your on to it. Do you have anything more to say about this?
    G.R.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

G.R.)- Eric, I have heard it said that if the pain moves; you are making progress because the brain knows
    your on to it. Do you have anything more to say about this?
    Eric)- Yes G.R.
    You are on the downhill run sort of say- now that you can match emotions to the pain- thinking psychological and understanding its process that is.
    Then you are loosing the fear of the pain and you are also challenging it in your own personal way, which is phenomenal progress.
    The evidence sheet is just great so we can look and actually see all the progress we have made and so forth.

Sounds to me like you really have your tms on the run- ( as in under control, it knows you know its deception so it wont be much longer and you should
    be getting a lot of pain free days)

Now with that said, you know your going in the right direction so keep working the path your on, its awesome. Remember don't keep any time limits or tables
    and the knowledge therapy will work her perfect course)

Cant wait to hear that success story G.R. - You truly have the armor and your belief system is working great.

Its just a short matter of time now.

Bless you

P.S- When the mechanism knows that we know, then it try's to up one on us like sending pain to your neck- instead of the sciatica and buttocks.
    You caught it and didn't let it create fear or a loss of direction. So in essence you are bringing yourself back into balance with life
    You are super.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

You upended your unconscious by showing no fear and losing the focus on the pain, also you went and did something fun which is considered a relationship with life. Your doing super painless- keep us posted.
    Bless you.