1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 10 post of how I'm doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tmsthrowaway05, Sep 20, 2020.

1. tmsthrowaway05

tmsthrowaway05 Peer Supporter

I'm doing great so far. I am open minded and totally on board with TMS. It is an extremely interesting and complex topic, but I like that. I use methods such as practicing my breathing to reduce my anxiety/pain. The pain will often come at the same times every day, which makes me believe it HAS to be TMS. The whole thing makes sense regarding the autonomic nervous system, blood restriction, oxygen deprivation, spasms, pain, etc. Of course everyone has their doubts here and there... but I think I'm doing much better and will be close to pain free when I resume my normal life and find happiness that will distract me from my thoughts. I am currently home a lot and in my own head and that isn't good... I find that when I'm out and in a good mood the pain is almost non existent. Interesting stuff.

Question to ponder day 10- who do you hide your emotions from?
    I have told my mom/ and one of my brothers about TMS and they're on board and smart in regard to it. I am only 26 so I find myself reluctant to tell friends about it... I have many friends but something like this would seem crazy to them. Don't get me wrong, I think some would totally accept it and are open minded, but I don't want to bother or bore them... lol. It is my own issue.

2. DeweyHealing

DeweyHealing Newcomer

I think as long as you have person that you can trust about the tms diagnosis that's all that matters. Whether be a close friend, sibling, parent or even a tms therapist if needed. Sounds like you are on the right path of recovery.....im on day 12 and im very confident that with continued patience practice persistence and perseverance ill see marked improvement soon. Like you said its all about healing the nervous system (creating positive neural pathways) and elininating any doubts that it is not tms.