1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by premaker, Sep 6, 2012.

1. premaker

premaker New Member

I am starting the program. I was cured of Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Lumbar Spasms using Sarno almost 9 years ago. Recently I have been plagued with back pain and siatic pain that has been debilitating and scary for my family and for myself. I am sick of it. I know it's my brain because it worked before but that level of knowing or remembering can't get at this pain. My level of stress has been extremely high for months. I realize I need to do more work. I need to journal, contemplate, read, meditate and absorb this again. I am now working with a therapist who was refered on this site to help me move through this one. I have been so stuck and hopeless and crippled, yet not doing this program. Today it begins. I'm pissed that the pain is back and that I have to do this but at least I know what I need to do. Thank you for this wiki. It is amazing. Just watching that 20/20 segment gave me a little tiny break from the pain! It's already working.

2. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Welcome premaker:

Seems like you have had experience with recovering from TMS before. However, high stress can bring everything back all over again. I live in a pretty stressful situation and so I can relate. It doesn't help much while trying to get better.

One piece of advice: Don't have the same expectations this time as you did when you cured yourself before. Life is different now, due to the stress you may be repressing emotions you aren't aware of yet that are bugging you with pain. Try the things you did before, but be open to new ways this time around. Have you seen our Structured Educational Program? This might be a good way to start back up again as it provides some ways of doing things that could be new and helpful to you.

Good luck on your journey and check in with us often!

BG

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a good point to remember when you are dealing with a relapse. Some of the things that worked for you previously will work again, but trying new techniques could also help as well. Your current stress sounds like it is playing a big role this time around, but there are still probably some repressed emotions behind your new symptoms.

The good part is that you have already recovered once before, so you know what is going on and that this approach works. Getting a Sarno refresher course via reading one of his books may bring you a lot of relief. Also if you have a minute check out Enrique's Relapse Success Story. It is a really terrific account of how Enrique was able to recover from a relapse.