1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aa3405, Nov 3, 2013.

1. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

Hi. I bought Dr. Sarno's book The mind Body Prescription two weeks ago. I was able to heal my chronic foot pain of the past five years within a day. It was pretty amazing. I started running again as per Dr. Sarno's recommendation from the book and have not had any problems thus far. The pain does act up every now and then but I am able to get it under control fairly quickly. I still have GI issues as well as horrible insomnia which I think are related to TMS. Those have not been cured since reading Dr. Sarnos book so I decided to try the structured educational program. I hope this helps with both of those issues. I am hopeful that the rest of my health issues will be cured by continuing to follow his advice. It's encouraging to know that there is a community of people that have been healed by following Dr. Sarno's advice.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Welcome to a great community aa3405! I've been helped tremendously by doing this program and participating in the forum. Awesome that you had such quick relief on your foot pain!! Looking forward to seeing your posts!

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

aa, I just finished the SEP about 10 days ago and am getting ready to go back through the program again. It is EXCELLENT! I wish I could say I'm pain free but not yet....though my levels are down significantly!

Be sure to hang out here too...the support is one of the keys to improvement.

Welcome!

nowtimecoach likes this.
  4. Stella

Stella Well known member

It has been a year for me. I still have some pain that moves all over the place all the time. But as MontanaMom says it is generally minor. I had acid reflux for years now I have a lot of belching when I get stressed. I have to push it and talk it out of my chest.

I also have sleep problems which I know are TMS. Now I am working on reprogramming my brain with affirmations around sleeping. I lay down...perform the belly breathing, so relaxing, repeating to myself "I sleep deeply. I sleep soundly." I am feeling a difference. It takes time to change a lifetime of fearful thinking.

nowtimecoach and MontanaMom like this.
  5. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

Thank you all for your support and advice. It means so much to me. Addressing childhood and present day stressors as the source of physical pain is not easy. I'm a little nervous to go through the program, but I know it's definitely needed. My pain has definitely moved around over the years. I had reflux 10 years ago. After two scopes done of my stomach and five years of medication I was "relieved/cured " of that issue only to have other physical problems arise. My main issues now are horrible insomnia and other GI issues. I will keep you all updated. I am on day two! AA

6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Stella, I really like your simple sleep affirmation. I will try that myself. Insomnia has been a huge issue for me for over 20 years.

aa..you're on a great path! I am just now starting the program over again.