1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Christian95, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Christian95

Christian95 Peer Supporter

I have had back pain for over a half year now, im 18 years old.
    I am very confused.. and i feel like the back pain is destroying my life. I have been MRI scanned and it showed some sort of small bulging disc, and i have been going to physical therapy some times but it didnt help.
    So now im thinking it might be TMS, i really want my old life back :(
    I think i have TMS beacuse im a very selfblaming person, i have social anxiety, health anxiety and i always think the baddest (if thats a word) about myself. At the time my pain started i also had many expectations for myself, which i maybe knew i couldnt live up too.
    But i still keep thinking about the bulging disc though, and the scary thought that i will have back pain for the rest of my life.
    But im starting the program now.. willing to try anything.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Hi Christian,
    How lucky are you to find this program at such a young age. I have bulging disc, disc degeneration, bone spurs and more. I have no pain now. Worrying about our health is one of the TMS traits. We stay mentally occupied with the physical so we don't have to think bout the psychological.

Have an internal dialogue with the one person who has hurt you the most. Tell them from your deepest painful heart how much they have hurt you.

You are going on an amazing journey.

3. Christian95

Hi :)
    You really dont have any pain? :eek: :) Thats so good. And thank you for the answer.
    Im just still worried that my small bulging disc is causing my pain, today i had Sports in school, we went running and played basketball, i didnt have pain when i was doing it, but after, and still now, i have alot of low back pain, and especially when i have to sit down or when i have to stand up, not when im standing and sitting, but when i am going to sit down or stand up. Could that also be caused by TMS..?

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

Christian, have you read one of Dr. Sarno's books? This would give you a good foundation for this program. It is a must read.

It is really good news that your pain stopped when you were distracted playing the game then when over you started worrying about that darn disc again focusing on the physical instead of the psychological. TMS wants you focusing away from any psychological pain.

Yes, this getting up and getting down thing is TMS too. Keep working the program. Your body is strong and healthy.

5. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Christian,
    Congratulations on starting this program and doing so at such a young age. It took me a long time to get here.

6. Christian95

Thank you for your answers :) It helps.
    Im trying to follow the program and forget about the disc and the pain.. not easy though. But im trying :) I havent read Dr. Sarnos books yet, but i will buy them soon.