1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Danle, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Danle

Danle New Member

Having seen my husband cure his shoulder and back pain of 8 years with knowledge of TMS I am feeling very hopeful right now. Initially I thought that the program might not be right for me as I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, a disease that I did not notice being discussed in The Mindbody Prescription. However, at my husband's urging I re-read the book and realized the personality described is me and the physical symptoms are me too. With each day I see more and more examples of how the book is exactly describing my pain. If that were not enough, I have always noticed that my pain is greater with emotional distress. Starting the program has seen a huge increase in my pain as it pings here and there and everywhere in my body. It truly does seem like it is on the run. For five days I was the worst I can remember being and even considered calling an ambulance because of my inability to move and the excruciating pain. But I have also made amazing discoveries with recent journaling, meditating, and Haokomi counseling. It is now day 6 of me getting serious about TMS applying to me (but day 1 of the TMS RECOVERY PROGRAM for me) and I am feeling a lot better both emotionally and physically. I am feeling excited about a new life of less pain, more joy, and greater self-discovery.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Danie,
    You have made remarkable progress and are going to have an amazing journey.

Journaling has changed my life. I started the program Nov. 1. I still have to journal everyday to manage the pain and depression. I still continue to learn so much about myself through journaling. I continue to improve with greater understanding of how my personality traits drive my symptoms. I have significantly improved and you will too.

3. Danle

Danle New Member

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am happy to be doing something for myself with the journaling and really excited to see results too. Finding the time to journal and work through the program with a young child and an imminent move abroad is a bit tricky but definitely worth it!