1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LauriK, May 3, 2013.

1. LauriK

LauriK Peer Supporter

I have hip pain and sciatica that has kept me in bed for over three weeks. I've been going to the chiropractor but there has been no improvement. He did xrays and suspects a collapsed disc and has scheduled an MRI. I panicked when he said it may need surgery. I went online and found Dr
    John Sarno. I bought and read in one day Healing Back Pain. Everything in there resonated with me. I knew when this started that it was caused by stress. I've had one stress after another since the new year started. I really want to cure this I'm sure TMS is my problem. I am going to do the educational programme to try and root out those stresses. I'm still in a lot of pain though.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I had scoliosis surgery when I was 16. Since that time almost every pain I have ever had has been blamed on that surgery: low back pain, neck pain, disc degeneration, buldging disc and more. Now I have none. You will too. Be patient. Everybody heals at a different pace.

3. LauriK

LauriK Peer Supporter

Thanks Stella. Actually though I'm still in pain, I'm starting to think this may be the best thing that has ever happened to me. In these last few days I'm taking the time to look and re-assess a lot of things in my life. I had a rough childhood and I see now that that pain and abuse made me into a person who carried the world and everyone else's world too. In doing that I've been undermining the people I care the most about and also not letting them too close. I never cry but in the last few days while I think about these things, even when I was reading Dr Sarno's book, I find myself crying. Things are shifting and that's good.

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

Lauri, crying is a form of release. The tears carry emotions, hurts, events, etc. out of us.