1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dberknyy24, Aug 5, 2018.

1. dberknyy24

dberknyy24 New Member

I first discovered Dr. Sarno's books four years ago. At the time, I devoured the books and got the audiobooks on my phone. My pain went away very quickly and stayed away for a while. But now, in the last year it keeps coming back every month or two. I listen to the audiobooks. I read the books. I live in New York City, and I've seen Dr. Ira Rashbaum, who trained under Dr. Sarno, twice. He said I have TMS.

I am fully convinced I have TMS and there is nothing structurally wrong with my back. But I am getting tired of getting attacks. They completely take me out of commission. I cannot even put on my socks.

Some things about me: I'm a 29-year-old who demands a lot from himself. I am a perfectionist and goodist. I am compulsive. I am a sober alcoholic. I have a lot going on in my life: getting married later this year, successful in my career, my family has its issues.

I know I am the type of person who develops TMS, and again, I have no doubt that my back pain is due to it. I just want it to stop. It comes on so suddenly, and then I'm in the throes of it. I read, I listen, I write out fears, etc., and it always takes a week or so to go away.

I'm not sure what to do.