1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wendy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. wendy

wendy New Member

I read Dr Sarno's book a couple of months ago and am still struggling with the psychological versus scientific theories to recovery. I fell down on my lumber spine 18 months ago and now have numbness down my leg which prevents me from doing all the activities I used to do - it's as if I have a lead boot on. From an MRI scan a year after the accident, it showed that I had a hairline fracture of my L2 lumber vertebrae but no apparent narrowing of the nerve canal. So - why I am getting the aching back, numbness and weakness?? The alarming thing is that it seemed to get worse after I received the MRI results - and has since consumed my entire life. And there lies the seed of hope - that Dr Sarno's work may help me recover to my active life. I want to believe it will.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Wendy,
    You are going on an amazing journey.

It makes no sense that your back would get worse after the MRI so you know something is going on in your mind. Fear is a TMS equivalent. You have come to the right place.

3. wendy

wendy New Member

Thanks for your response Stella - good to know that someone is out there. I partly understand what you are saying about the fear and something going on in my psyche, so I am determined to work at this. Thankyou.