1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 - Struggling with crippling hip/lower back pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Eddie, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

Hi Eddie,
    There is great value in role playing the scenes from your past with the person who has caused you great anguish, and letting the person who hurt you the most know every last feeling from your heart. Hold nothing back.

2. Eddie

Eddie Peer Supporter

Hi

Day 16- Update

Recovery moving along now. Pain dampening- hard to explain but the pain is still agonising but at the same time I'm not responding to it in the same way?

The technique of 'Outcome Independence' is working very nicely. I highly recommend it to anyone. "Success is in how little you care about the pain" - DONT GIVE IN TO THE PAIN AND DON'T LET IT DISCOURAGE YOU NO MATTER WHAT!

Great personal journey going ahead, enjoying learning all about myself, triggers and TMS/MBS.

veronica73 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Eddie, I'm catching up with your story and everyone's great responses. I am so thrilled for you that you are discovering and working on your TMS at only age 20! I was also really impressed when you said this in your very first post
    because you clearly understand what community is all about, especially this community. We're here for the learning, and the progress, the hard times and the backsliding - and whether we're reading and posting about success stories or new struggles, we all come away with something new every single time we log in or participate in the weekly chat or listen to one of the webinars.

It sounds like you're experiencing classic TMS distraction symptoms - and this may get worse before it gets better as your brain tries to keep you distracted from the deep buried stuff. Keep posting, and keep up the good work, and we're glad to have you on board!

Jan

Becca likes this.